The describe image PTE template task is a part of the PTE speaking, which assesses a test taker’s ability to describe and interpret an image in English within a specified time limit. The image presented to the test taker can vary widely in content, context, and complexity and may include graphs, charts, diagrams, maps, or photographs. The task aims to evaluate the candidate’s ability to analyze visual information, organize their thoughts, and express them fluently in English. In this blog, we will discuss the describe image PTE template and the types of images that are used in it.
What is Describe Image PTE Template
The Describe Image task is a part of the PTE exam, which assesses a test-taker’s ability to describe an image within a limited time. The task evaluates the student’s ability to understand and interpret visual information accurately and express their thoughts logically in English.
The Describe Image template requires the students to analyze an image, such as a graph, chart, diagram, or picture, and describe it in a summary form within 40 seconds. The template includes a photo and text box where students can type their responses. The image can be of different types, and the response’s content can vary accordingly.
The Describe Image PTE template requires the candidate to identify the main components of the image, interpret the data shown, and summarize the information concisely and clearly. This task assesses various skills such as comprehension, vocabulary, grammar, and fluency.
Marks in Describe Image
Describing image question type comes in the PTE speaking section. The PTE speaking sections contain a total of 90 marks. Describe image is scored is given based on the three criteria.
- Oral Fluency
Among these three criteria, Oral fluency is the most essential, while Content is the least important. It means you can easily achieve a high score in speaking with excellent oral fluency with bad content. You can not score well in Pte speaking if you have bad fluency and good content. So, keep in mind speaking is all about oral fluency. The more fluent you are, you can easily achieve the highest score.
Types of Describe Image PTE Template
Generally, six types of Describe images are shown in the PTE speaking exam.
- Bar Chart
- Pie Chart
- Line Chart
- Table Chart
- Flow Chart
- Map, Mixed Chart, and Picture
Template For Bar Chart
The first type of Describe image is the bar chart, and it is the best type to complete your practice in describe image question with the template. Because it provides all of the necessary elements logically or clearly, and these factors include the figures, topics, similarities or differences, and so on.
- The bar charts show the information about the (Title/Topic) or also represent the (Categories in the bar chart)
- It can be seen from the bar chart that the highest figure is (Figure), which is (Category or Name) and followed by (Category or Name).
- However, the lowest figure is (Figure), which is (Name).
- In conclusion, it can be seen that (Highest/Lowest/Trend/Similarity/ Difference).
Describe Image PTE Templates for Pie Chart
The second type of image is the pie chart, which is similar to the bar chart. You can mention the lowest or highest figures and other necessary parts (differences/similarities) that can be shown in this chart.
- The Pie chart shows information about the (Topic/ Title) and (Categories).
- It can be marked that (Name) is the highest that is followed by (Name of Another High Category)
- The Lowest (name of category which is lowest.
- In conclusion, It can be marked that (Highest/ Lowest/ Trend/ Similarity/ Difference).
Template For Line Chart
As we have been using them since our school days, line charts created on the XY axis are simple to understand.
These sentences could be useful for describing a trend.
“The number gradually decreased to a low of……”
“The figures range between…… and…….”
It grew steadily, reaching its peak.
“After various changes, it reached a peak/low of……”
“The number eventually fell/rose to……”
- The line graph contains details about (Topic/Title).
- The maximum value in (Name) is at (Figure), and it slightly increased/ decreased to achieve a low/maximum of (Figure).
- Oppositely, the lowest number in (Name) is at (Figure), and it gradually increased to (Figure).
- In conclusion, It can be marked that (Highest/ Lowest/ Trend/ Similarity/ Difference).
Describe Image PTE Template For Table
It is not required to explain every single figure in this type of table. The tables might be large or tiny, and don’t go into detail if the table is big. If it is small, though, explain everything.
- The table gives critical details about (Topic/ Title).
- The table shows that there are several figures for (Element A), (Element B), and (Element C).
- The highest number is in the figure (Figure), which is (Name), and the lowest number is in the figure (Figure), which is (Name).
- Also, the number of (Name) significantly increased/decreased/gradually from (Time) to (Time).
- In conclusion, it can be said that (Trend).
Template For Flow Chart
A sorted order must describe a process in a flow chart. As a result, you must become proficient in vocabulary related to changes, such as develop, convert, transform, and turn into. This task might be challenging when there are fewer or fewer processes to describe in 40 seconds. The most important step in doing this kind of assignment is to remove or add extra information from the provided flow chart.
- The flowchart, diagram, or image shows the procedure or life cycle of the topic.
- The flow chart has various stages and steps.
- At the beginning/the first stage (The First Process).
- Moreover, it is changed into (THE Second Process).
- In the following phase or stage, it is further developed or converted into (The Third Process).
- Finally, (The final process).
Describe Image PTE Template For Map, Mixed Chart, and Picture
No specific universal template can be used for these three categories. Moreover, you can always flexibly try different description image templates and practice with more real test questions. For example, you may change the flow chart template to explain a map.
- The map offers details about (TOPIC/TITLE).
- The map includes many discussed locations, including (Place names).
- In the beginning, (Facts/ Elements) in the north.
- In addition, the middle section of the map has (Facts/ Elements).
- And last, (Facts/ Elements) in the south.
- In Conclusion (Trend/ Facts)
So, these are the type of Describe Image PTE templates.
How To Improve Describe Image PTE Template
To improve your performance on this task, you can follow the following template:
- Introduction: Start by introducing the image by mentioning the title, the source, and the type of image you are looking at.
- Overview: Provide a summary of the main features or trends in the image. It should give the reader a general idea of what the image is about.
- Details: Move on to discuss specific details or information in the image. Use descriptive language and try to be as specific as possible. You can refer to specific data points or labels to help illustrate your points.
- Conclusion: Summarize the main points that you have discussed in the body of the text. Provide a final comment or opinion, if appropriate.
To improve your performance on the Describe Image task, practice these steps with various images, focusing on clarity, coherence, and fluency. Additionally, please familiarize yourself with the types of graphs, charts, tables, and diagrams commonly used in the PTE and the vocabulary and expressions related to them. It will help you to more confidently and accurately describe the images within the given time frame. Finally, make sure to practice speaking clearly and coherently while avoiding fillers such as “um,” “uh,” and “like.”
In conclusion, the Describe Image task in PTE tests a test-takers ability to describe and analyze visual information. To perform well in this task, it is important to follow a clear and structured approach, which includes identifying the key information in the image, describing the overall trends and patterns, and making relevant comparisons and contrasts.
Using clear and concise language, and providing relevant examples to support your analysis, can help you to score higher in this task. Overall, with the right approach and adequate preparation, the Describe Image task in PTE can be a great opportunity for test-takers to demonstrate their ability to analyze and interpret visual data effectively.
Q1. What is described as image tasks?
This task tests your ability for fast thought and fluent English speech under time pressure. After viewing an image for 25 seconds, you have 40 seconds to describe it, which could be a diagram, table, map, or image.
Q2.What makes image descriptions important?
An image description provides more information than the alt text and helps users to discover more about an image’s contents than is possible with just the alt text. While image descriptions offer more information, alt text provides the user with the most important information.